Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Introduction

I'm a master of science in journalism candidate at the Medill School at Northwestern University, studying public affairs reporting with a side of new media.

In May, I graduated from the University of Michigan with a bachelor's degree in political science and anthropology. I wrote for The Michigan Daily for three years, including several semesters as a columnist and associate editor and one summer as editor in chief. I also worked on senior political analyst Jack Lessenberry's show at Michigan Radio in 2008.

The first quarter of Medill's graduate program is devoted to learning the basics of reporting, a process that includes about five weeks of beat reporting. My beat is government, activism, politics, community safety, economic development and housing in Skokie, a suburb located northwest of Chicago.

This is week three of beat reporting.

No comments:

Post a Comment